Home UserCP Memberlist Register Calendar FAQ
Home

Go Back   Redline Superbike > Motorcycle Related Discussion > General Motorcycle Discussion
Redline Superbike @ Facebook

Old 01-30-2013, 07:12 PM   #1
Ahks

Motorcycle(s): 98 Daytona!!
Custom exhaust... help

Does anyone know of any bike shops or automotive exhaust shops that do their own exhaust bending? Every shop I've called just bolts up replacement OE parts or wants to charge $150 for 18" of pipe with 1 bend. Rifuckingdiculous considering it's $5 worth of steel and 5 minutes on a hydraulic bender.
Ahks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:13 PM   #2
dcrpd

Motorcycle(s): 2005 gixxer 6
Send a message via Yahoo to dcrpd
Depending on where you live I know that Doug's muffler is prolly the best Macomb co has to offer, look em up and tell him Justin from cummins sent ya
dcrpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:19 PM   #3
wa2fst

Motorcycle(s): 15 KTM RC390, 14 KTM 1290 Super Duke R, 08 Victory Hammer S
It's tough on price cause people want to charge u their hourly rate and since they prob can't get a full hour they come up with some ridiculous rate...

One thing about Michigan everyone wants work but majority don't want to work or do a side job...this isn't everyone but its a lot at least on the east side.
wa2fst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:23 PM   #4
Ahks

Motorcycle(s): 98 Daytona!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcrpd View Post
Depending on where you live I know that Doug's muffler is prolly the best Macomb co has to offer, look em up and tell him Justin from cummins sent ya
I live in Westland but would ride anywhere within a few counties for a good price. I'll keep this in mind as an option thanks. And it's an excuse to ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa2fst View Post
It's tough on price cause people want to charge u their hourly rate and since they prob can't get a full hour they come up with some ridiculous rate...

One thing about Michigan everyone wants work but majority don't want to work or do a side job...this isn't everyone but its a lot at least on the east side.
I'm realizing this. The other issue I see is that all the out of work machinists don't have the tooling or machines or access to them anymore and the shops are so under water that it's not even worth doing work for some random walk in that needs an axle spacer.

I'll figure it out.
Ahks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:26 PM   #5
R/T Performance

Motorcycle(s): 2010 zx10r and work on wifes 2010 triumh daytona
if your over here near west michigan.
I run a shop in saranac and my buddy has a bender in town i go use when i need somthing.
otherwise lentz midas ect
R/T Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:36 AM   #6
Headlight

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Yamaha R1 (Sold), 2006 Yamaha R1 - Blue (Wrecked), 2006 Yamaha R1 - Yellow, 2016 Yamaha R1
Speak to Rick's Custom Cycle, pretty sure he can do it with all turbo work he does, if not there is a muffler shop on Ford between Venoy and Merriman that I think said custom bending.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgreen View Post
Of course when a reasonable counterpoint to your unreasonable complaint is given, you "don't want to argue about it anymore".
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." -- Albert Einstein
Headlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:58 AM   #7
jgreen

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Ducati Multistrada 1000S DS / 2006 Honda VTX 1300R
One of my best friends owns a Fab shop in Westland. You have a PM.
jgreen is offline   Reply With Quote