Home UserCP Memberlist Register Calendar FAQ
Home

Go Back   Redline Superbike > Motorcycle Related Discussion > General Motorcycle Discussion
Redline Superbike @ Facebook

Unread 09-13-2010, 04:51 AM   #1
Headlight

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Yamaha R1 (Sold), 2006 Yamaha R1 - Blue (Wrecked), 2006 Yamaha R1 - Yellow, 2016 Yamaha R1
Attempt to steal bike from Deals Gap store

This took some balls, too bad in the end they couldn't take them away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by another forum
Well...........heres my tale of the day. Went up early with the intent of just hanging on the porch all day knowing it would be next to impossible to ride the hill. Got there just after the cager crash occured, got in a nice clean pass. settled in on the porch after a bite to eat. Met R1er and saw Dwayne and Patrick. MG , Jeff, Mark (and his better half) and Gap Trash joined us for an afternoon of "Festivities" and "Pirate watching". After the crew broke up, Justin and I were sitting on the porch when I saw something unusual to say the least. My bike was parked where it always is right next to the porch directly in front of the doors to the store. I saw someone putting on gloves right over my seat. thay looked a lot like mine ! I stood up and there was a young guy wearing my chest protector , jacket and gloves !!!! I went staright to the bike as he was getting on it. I asked him what the hell he thought he was doing and, he told me that "The owner had told him he could take it for a ride" Well my first instinct was to beat the S**T out of him but, he looked very young and age and wisdon got the better of me. I pulled his sorry ass off my bike took his ID from him and sat him down on the bench. The girls in the store called the Sherrif's dept for me and sveral of the guys standing close by heard what was going on and helped me keep the little thief there until Grahm Co SO arrived. Long story short, he admitted to the officer that he was stealing my bike and after about 2 hours he was on his way to jail cuffed and stuffed !!! I've always left my key in the bike and my gear on it as well up there, it's always been an honor thing amongst bikers there. But today that little ass stole some of the magic of the hill from me. I'll never leave my stuff unattended again. Anyway, Thanks to the guys that assisted me whoever you are, to Brad for helping me out as well and to the LE officers from Grahm and Swain counties for talikng that asshole to jail !!!

Actually didn't get taken to jail because they didn't turn the key and make the attempt to ride away on it. But many pictures were taken of them by Killboy, etc and pictures were taken of them while they were being detained. The car is a G35 in silver with Illinois plate and a "T"ennessee plate on the front. Probably out of state students.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgreen View Post
Of course when a reasonable counterpoint to your unreasonable complaint is given, you "don't want to argue about it anymore".
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." -- Albert Einstein
Headlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2010, 05:48 AM   #2
Penthos
The Human Google

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R ...was...
Douchebag with a lot of balls for sure. Too bad they couldn't be charged with something.
Penthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2010, 07:40 AM   #3
AlmightyS
El Cheapo Bastarido!!!

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Couch dirt-tracker edition
Yeah, I leve me gear sitting on my bike quite often at motorcycle friendly places like this, but always take the key out

No one on this earth looks out for you like yourself... Failure to do that, and you fail yourself!

The only excuse you have is the one you make.
AlmightyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2010, 08:38 AM   #4
Headlight

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Yamaha R1 (Sold), 2006 Yamaha R1 - Blue (Wrecked), 2006 Yamaha R1 - Yellow, 2016 Yamaha R1
To walk up to a bike, put on the gear sitting on it, and get on the bike...that's braisen. And the way people park and just hang out it would seem to me the chances of the owner seeing are HUGE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgreen View Post
Of course when a reasonable counterpoint to your unreasonable complaint is given, you "don't want to argue about it anymore".
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." -- Albert Einstein

Last edited by Headlight; 09-13-2010 at 08:43 AM.
Headlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2010, 09:44 AM   #5
Mudpuppy

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha R1 50th Anniversary Edition
people call me paranoid but typically i don't leave my gear on the bike and i always take the key out regardless of where i am (i also lock my car to run into the gas station for a soda)..

that is pretty f'king brash.. of course they were from the obama kingdom, aka Illinois.. doesn't surprise me..
Mudpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote