Home UserCP Memberlist Register Calendar FAQ
Home

Go Back   Redline Superbike > Redline Community > Anything Goes
Redline Superbike @ Facebook

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 12-24-2017, 08:08 AM   #1
Hypersonic

Motorcycle(s): 2009 CBR1000RR/ABS, 2008 CBR 1000RR turbo DONE. And looking for a CBR600RR
Possible new BIKE

So the New Girfriend loves the Goldwing, and so do I.
However I still need that sport bike fix on occasion.

The problem is that with the CBR 1000RR, it wreaks havoc on my old back inside of about 45 minutes or an hour.

She says "You need to get rid of that thing. There are plenty of bikes out there just as fast that won't hurt your back."

What she really thinks: "There are lots of Hardleys out there that are fast enough for legal riding that won't make you look like an old fool on a crotch rocket."

What I say: "Yes I agree, there are a lot of bikes out there that are more ergonomically friendly for cruising around when I need a fix."

What she thinks she hears: "Yes Dear, you are so correct, crotch rockets are a foolish venture for old men and make me look stupid. I surely agree you are correct. A much slower and poorly handling Hardley would be much more suited to provide a safe ride and not make me look like and old man in a mid life crisis. Your wish is my command."

What I really think: "oh yes, there are some more ergonomic bikes out there, I will take a look around (GSXR 1000?) or (more mod's: raise bars a couple more inches, drop pegs, maybe even a custom seat.)
Thank you for your sound words of advice dear, I will look for a suitable solution to this obvious problem and do my best not to be seen as an old fool on a crotch rocket (i.e. tinted visor - what do I care - I am out to ride, not be seen by others haha)

And with that all went to bed on Christmas eve with smile on and new BIKE possibilities floating in their heads!

Merry Christmas to all.

Last edited by Hypersonic; 12-24-2017 at 08:11 AM.
Hypersonic is offline   Reply With Quote