Home UserCP Memberlist Register Calendar FAQ
Home

Go Back   Redline Superbike > Motorcycle Related Discussion > General Motorcycle Discussion
Redline Superbike @ Facebook

Old 09-08-2014, 10:29 AM   #1
six2one

K1600gt sport

I made the mistake of telling the dealer I was taking a long trip this week so this is the loaner they trolled me with today:

This. Thing. Has sooooo much torque it's retarded (160hp, 130ft/lbs). When I got on it the first time I damn near looped it from like 1100rpm.

And then there is the handling. This bike is set up unstable in the sense that it can fall side to side easier than a 250. It leans over like a sit down jetski that isn't going anywhere. That easy too.

And the noise of it. It sounds like a 911 when it's wailing.

I'm going to see if I can take it home tonight.

Last edited by six2one; 09-08-2014 at 11:07 AM.
six2one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 11:53 AM   #2
ShtNgiT
Because...Softball

Motorcycle(s): 00 Honda RC51
Do it.
ShtNgiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 01:41 PM   #3
VfrDoc

How difficult is it to handle it at parking lot speed and pushing it around the lot. I want to move to a dedicated ST but I am a weakling and doubt I can handle the weight
VfrDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 01:47 PM   #4
six2one

Quote:
Originally Posted by VfrDoc View Post
How difficult is it to handle it at parking lot speed and pushing it around the lot. I want to move to a dedicated ST but I am a weakling and doubt I can handle the weight

As soon as you move it feels like a 250. The mass is still there but this bike is so nimble I can't even explain it. Tossing it side to side is orders of magnitude easer than my s1k.

It's about twice as heavy as my s1k and the only time it feels heavier is under hard braking and at a standstill between your legs. Hard acceleration throws you off the seat with torque and you can feel the front easily lift up, but you can tell its heavy.

The motor is just that powerful. This is the best motorcycle engine ever made I think. It's nothing like you would expect. The trip computer said average of 42.x mpg. 1k on the clock.

This big bitch has some dance moves.

I was really looking to get an adventure bike next time but this thing feels Sportbike quick and the torque is stupid.

I've never felt torque and hp at the same time like this on a bike before. This thing is drunk on power, while easily being the most comfortable 2 wheeled anything I've ever sat on.

The central locking is sweet, lol. Hearing all the doors and bags lock at the same time is fun.
Old 09-08-2014, 02:28 PM   #5
AlmightyS
El Cheapo Bastarido!!!

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Couch dirt-tracker edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by VfrDoc View Post

Time to start doing some squats and getting the lunk alarm set off at Planet Fitness IMO
LOL. Just my $0.02 but they are all heavy at a stop. I've almost dumped mine getting it off the center stand if i'm not careful. Low speed maneuvers are all a matter of clutch with rear brake control

No one on this earth looks out for you like yourself... Failure to do that, and you fail yourself!

The only excuse you have is the one you make.
AlmightyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 02:29 PM   #6
AlmightyS
El Cheapo Bastarido!!!

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Couch dirt-tracker edition
Brad you should just tell them to keep your s1000rr and youll pick it back up Tuesday

No one on this earth looks out for you like yourself... Failure to do that, and you fail yourself!

The only excuse you have is the one you make.
AlmightyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 02:31 PM   #7
six2one

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmightyS View Post
Brad you should just tell them to keep your s1000rr and youll pick it back up Tuesday

I would give them several hundred dollars to let me ride this thing for a week. We will see, I'm hoping they don't finish my bike today and I can sleep with it in the garage.
Old 09-08-2014, 03:25 PM   #8
Bufalojump

Motorcycle(s): Thread Killer
Ok, so the smile factor is definately there.

How long did you play with the power wind screen?
Old 09-08-2014, 03:27 PM   #9
six2one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bufalojump View Post
Ok, so the smile factor is definately there.

How long did you play with the power wind screen?

A few mins. It was pretty obvious what worked for me and what didn't.

This is the sport model, so the screen isn't as tall. Which sucks for me cause I can only use it at the lowest setting really. Also the seat on the sport is slightly lower.

All the way up it buffets my helmet. If I bought one of these I would get the sport but I would probably put the taller screen on it.

Also my bike is done so I gotta go give her back.

:'C
Old 09-08-2014, 03:52 PM   #10
six2one

well, its better to have loved and lost then never loved at all. gotta take her home.

here is a short celebratory going away exhaust clip: