Home UserCP Memberlist Register Calendar FAQ
Home

Go Back   Redline Superbike > Redline Community > Ride & Events
Redline Superbike @ Facebook

View Poll Results: What's your pleasure?
Saturday 3 16.67%
Saturday + food 12 66.67%
Sunday 2 11.11%
Sunday + food 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 01-15-2013, 08:48 PM   #1
Headlight

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Yamaha R1 (Sold), 2006 Yamaha R1 - Blue (Wrecked), 2006 Yamaha R1 - Yellow, 2016 Yamaha R1
2013 International Motorcycle Show

It's that time of year again, time for the International Motorcycle Show happening February 1st through the 3rd at the Suburban Collection Showplace in Novi.

Traditionally we've all met on Saturday around 11 or 12 at Fountain Walk Mall and consolidated cars to cheap out on parking, enjoyed the show and then gone back to Fountain Walk for some grub at Hooter's or Buffalo Wild Wings.

EDIT: Eric has edited the time of the meeting to 10:00AM, meet in the parking lot of Fountain Walk over by Emagine theater, consolidate cars for paid parking purposes and head over to the show. Is everyone good with this?

SHOW HOURS
Friday 3:00pm-8:00pm
Saturday 9:30am-8:00pm
Sunday 9:30am-4:00pm

ADULTS (there are of course many discount codes in other threads)
1-Day (Online Advanced Purchase) $13*
1-Day (Online General Admission) $15
1-Day (Box Office) $15
2-Day (Box Office Only) $22
3-Day (Online Advanced Purchase) $28*
3-Day (Online Only) $30
*Advance ticket discount available until Friday, January 18 at 4pm CST

CHILDREN
Ages 5 and Under Free
1-Day Age 6 to 11 $6
Children 11 and under admitted free on Sunday with paid adult admission

ONLINE TICKET SPECIALS
Online Ticket & Tee Combo $20
VIP Saturday Admission $28
Groups of 5-10 People $12 per person
Groups of 10-19 People $11 per person
Groups of 20 or more persons $10 per person
*A $1.00 service fee for online tickets will be applied at checkout

For food I have a friend who is a waitress at the Tilted Kilt which is a new venue in Fountain Walk if there is enough interest I could reserve us a section. Can check out the place here http://www.tiltedkilt.com/locations/novi/

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgreen View Post
Of course when a reasonable counterpoint to your unreasonable complaint is given, you "don't want to argue about it anymore".
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." -- Albert Einstein

Last edited by Bufalojump; 01-29-2013 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Time Change.
Headlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 09:18 PM   #2
EJFudd

Motorcycle(s): 15 GSXR 1000, 15 Ninja 1000, 12 GSXR 750
I voted the popular. Friday anyone?
EJFudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 09:58 PM   #3
wa2fst

Motorcycle(s): 15 KTM RC390, 14 KTM 1290 Super Duke R, 08 Victory Hammer S
There is a tilted kilt!! If you never have been to one screw the motorcycle crap show the kilt is a million times better!
wa2fst is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 12:55 AM   #4
R/T Performance

Motorcycle(s): 2010 zx10r and work on wifes 2010 triumh daytona
Diana and I are in for Saturday + food
If we do the group do you still get tickets?
being we will be Driving in from outside of Grand rapids we likely won't make it to the show till 1 or 2
R/T Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 07:28 AM   #5
Headlight

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Yamaha R1 (Sold), 2006 Yamaha R1 - Blue (Wrecked), 2006 Yamaha R1 - Yellow, 2016 Yamaha R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by R/T Performance View Post
Diana and I are in for Saturday + food
If we do the group do you still get tickets?
being we will be Driving in from outside of Grand rapids we likely won't make it to the show till 1 or 2
We've never actually done the group rate for tickets. It's a thought if there are enough people, minimum is 10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgreen View Post
Of course when a reasonable counterpoint to your unreasonable complaint is given, you "don't want to argue about it anymore".
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." -- Albert Einstein
Headlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 02:41 PM   #6
Beanpole

Motorcycle(s): 2005 ZX-10R, 2003 SV1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa2fst View Post
There is a tilted kilt!! If you never have been to one screw the motorcycle crap show the kilt is a million times better!
I will agree that, in general, the tilted kilt is a great establishment. I travel to chicago a lot, and have frequented the tilted kilt(s) there a time or ten (don't judge me).

I recently had the opportunity to peep the new one in Novi and imo they have committed the cardinal sin of a place trying to make it's mark using T&A to peddle food and drinks.....hiring based on personality instead of looks. Don't get me wrong....I love it when my server is nice and pleasant and sweet and is prompt with a refill, or always seems to be there with a friendly smile to ask if I am doing okay. But I get that shit at coney island; and at least there, they have the decency to cover up their bellies and horrible script rib tattoos.

If your core business model is appealing to the creep that exists in all guys by parading around scantly clad young hot girls; then by god, you better bring the scantly clad young hot girls. Novi TK is not doing that.....at least they weren't a few weeks ago. They may have come to their senses.....who knows.

Anyway, I'll prob be at the show on Saturday.
Beanpole is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 03:58 PM   #7
AubreyR6
Rocket Girl

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia Dorsoduro, Yamaha 09 r6 Track, Trek 6500 mountain bike and Trek Ion 2.0 cyclocross
I wasn't impressed either, but I guess I'm picky...
AubreyR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 04:03 PM   #8
AlmightyS

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Couch dirt-tracker edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanpole View Post
I will agree that, in general, the tilted kilt is a great establishment. I travel to chicago a lot, and have frequented the tilted kilt(s) there a time or ten (don't judge me).

I recently had the opportunity to peep the new one in Novi and imo they have committed the cardinal sin of a place trying to make it's mark using T&A to peddle food and drinks.....hiring based on personality instead of looks. Don't get me wrong....I love it when my server is nice and pleasant and sweet and is prompt with a refill, or always seems to be there with a friendly smile to ask if I am doing okay. But I get that shit at coney island; and at least there, they have the decency to cover up their bellies and horrible script rib tattoos.

If your core business model is appealing to the creep that exists in all guys by parading around scantly clad young hot girls; then by god, you better bring the scantly clad young hot girls. Novi TK is not doing that.....at least they weren't a few weeks ago. They may have come to their senses.....who knows.

Kinda like Roseville Hooters

Sent from my iPhone while trying to drive in one lane.

No one on this earth looks out for you like yourself... Failure to do that, and you fail yourself!

The only excuse you have is the one you make.
AlmightyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 05:20 PM   #9
velox

Motorcycle(s): '05 R1, '12 ZX-10r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanpole View Post

Awful lot of words just to say the talent is weak.
velox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 06:35 PM   #10
motoboy

Motorcycle(s): 03' GSXR 1000 / 10' Kawaski Concours
"tilted kilt" what a name......
Is that like "Dick's Resort"

Anyways bot, I can't make it due to a little trip to Florida I have planned,
BUT if anyone would like my Progressive discount coupon I got in the mail today for tickets, let me know....

mb.