Go Back   Redline Superbike > Redline Community > Anything Goes
Redline Superbike @ Facebook

Unread 12-16-2010, 02:18 PM   #1
AlmightyS
El Cheapo Bastarido!!!

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Couch dirt-tracker edition
Evil empire has a sale on ez-up style canopy

http://www.walmart.com/ip/First-Up-1...er=lw9MynSeamY

for those looking $49 shipped to your door free with wheeled carrying bag for yo lazy ass is a good deal

No one on this earth looks out for you like yourself... Failure to do that, and you fail yourself!

The only excuse you have is the one you make.
AlmightyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2010, 02:19 PM   #2
AlmightyS
El Cheapo Bastarido!!!

optional sides and full screen are neat too

No one on this earth looks out for you like yourself... Failure to do that, and you fail yourself!

Unread 12-16-2010, 02:43 PM   #3
tikki50

Motorcycle(s): 2008 R6, XR100, TTR50, yf60
Ya know, those 49$ ones are great for one time use. If the wind blows at all its done, if it sprinkles, it's done. I went through two of them before just picking up one at sams club for 179, which was a true ez-up with 3 sides and a 2' overhang. Dont get me wrong if you can closely watch the canopy your good to go, but man it sucks when your on the track and notice your canopy flying around with people chasing it and all your crap is knocked over. Im also picky and only wanted one with vertical legs, this one at least seems to have that.
tikki50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2010, 02:55 PM   #4
flamingemu

Motorcycle(s): 2010 BMW S1000RR (Street); 2008 GSX-R 600 (Track)
Send a message via MSN to flamingemu Send a message via Yahoo to flamingemu
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikki50 View Post
Ya know, those 49$ ones are great for one time use. If the wind blows at all its done, if it sprinkles, it's done. I went through two of them before just picking up one at sams club for 179, which was a true ez-up with 3 sides and a 2' overhang. Dont get me wrong if you can closely watch the canopy your good to go, but man it sucks when your on the track and notice your canopy flying around with people chasing it and all your crap is knocked over. Im also picky and only wanted one with vertical legs, this one at least seems to have that.
Agreed. For moderate use, the $50 one will do the trick. For repeated use, spend the extra $ and get something with center (side to side) support so it doesn't fold in on itself if you look at it the wrong way.

flamingemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2010, 03:50 PM   #5
AlmightyS
El Cheapo Bastarido!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikki50 View Post
bought mine from China freight and it has had a lot of use. I guess it is all how you use it. FYI- the EZ-Up brand are not hurricane rated either LOL

Unread 12-16-2010, 04:20 PM   #6
AubreyR6
Rocket Girl

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia Dorsoduro, Yamaha 09 r6 Track, Trek 6500 mountain bike and Trek Ion 2.0 cyclocross
I have watched the cheap ones fly around the track as soon as the wind picks up a little. Tried saving a couple of them for other people too, lost cause. The EZ-Ups have a much nicer quality and you can purchase replacement parts if a hurricane does happen to pass through...
AubreyR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2010, 04:25 PM   #7
Paragon

Motorcycle(s): Trumpets and Katooms
Quote:
Originally Posted by AubreyR6 View Post
I have watched the cheap ones fly into and gouge the hoods of people's trucks as soon as the wind picks up a little.
Fixt
Paragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2010, 05:07 AM   #8
AlmightyS
El Cheapo Bastarido!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AubreyR6 View Post
I have watched the cheap ones fly around the track as soon as the wind picks up a little. Tried saving a couple of them for other people too, lost cause. The EZ-Ups have a much nicer quality and you can purchase replacement parts if a hurricane does happen to pass through...
Wouldn't that be because they did not secure them down? Didn't think price affected flight path??

Unread 12-17-2010, 09:05 AM   #9
Penthos
The Human Google

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R ...was...
I would imagine the cheap ones have inferior material, hence the islets rip under duress.
Penthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2010, 09:15 AM   #10
AubreyR6
Rocket Girl

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia Dorsoduro, Yamaha 09 r6 Track, Trek 6500 mountain bike and Trek Ion 2.0 cyclocross
Well when they crumple under stress and fall apart, the straps securing it usually come off....
AubreyR6 is offline   Reply With Quote