Home UserCP Memberlist Register Calendar FAQ
Home

Go Back   Redline Superbike > Motorcycle Related Discussion > General Motorcycle Discussion
Redline Superbike @ Facebook

Unread 10-18-2010, 08:48 AM   #1
MilleArp

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300GT, 2015 S1000R
Unhappy R I P rider

http://www.annarbor.com/news/chelsea...-near-chelsea/

http://www.wilx.com/home/headlines/105148269.html

We were out riding our version of the WSL, and came across an accident near Waterloo. There were three PD cars already on the scene when we came upon it, no ambulance yet.
We saw the bike a good 40-50 feet down the hill past the curve, and the rider's body under a blanket a good 30-40' beyond that.
The officers waved us thru rather aggressively.

Riding down the road we saw an ambulance heading that way, but w/o lights/sirens. We rode to the freway, then looped back around to get our lunch that was had placed an order for in Waterloo. We then saw the ambulance heading back out, again w/o any lights.

We stopped at the scene to see if the officers had any info or needed any assistance, but they didn't. One officer did get a snide comment in as we rolled away, along the lines of, "See, this is what happens when you speed!". Nice.

Back at the Waterloo sammich/icecream shoppe, the owner mentioned she saw the life-flight 'copter come by, but it didn't land. Her nurse friend who lives in the area had stopped at the scene to see if any assist was needed, but the rider was already called non-responsive at that point.

Made for a sad lunch....

Stay safe and sane out there folks!!!

FWIW, the media article may have gotten a few things wrong, the accident was in the first R-hand curve on Clear Lake, and the bike didn't looke like a cruiser to me, but I didn't get much of a look at it, plus it was mangled. There was a good amount of debris scattered about, so if it was a cruiser, it had to have had a lot of plastics on it (R12CL fairing?).

Last edited by MilleArp; 10-18-2010 at 09:52 AM.
MilleArp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2010, 08:59 AM   #2
Zepp

Motorcycle(s): 10 Concours 14 ABS, 09 Yamaha R6, 04 Gsxr 750
R I P rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilleArp View Post
http://www.annarbor.com/news/chelsea...-near-chelsea/

http://www.wilx.com/home/headlines/105148269.html

We were out riding our version of the WSL, and came across an accident near Waterloo. There were three PD cars already on the scene when we came upon it, no ambulance yet.
We saw the bike a good 40-50 feet down the hill past the curve, and the rider's body under a blanket a good 30-40' beyond that.
The officers waved us thru rather aggressively.

Riding down the road we saw an ambulance heading that way, but w/o lights/sirens. We rode to the freway, then looped back around to get our lunch that was had placed an order for in Waterloo. We then saw the ambulance heading back out, again w/o any lights.

We stopped at the scene to see if the officers had any info or needed any assistance, but they didn't. One officer did get a snide comment in as we rolled away, along the lines of, "See, this is what happens when you speed!". Nice.

Back at the Waterloo sammich/icecream shoppe, the owner mentioned she saw the life-flight 'copter come by, but it didn't land. Her nurse friend who lives in the area had stopped at the scene to see if any assist was needed, but the rider was alreeady called non-responsive at that point.

Made for a sad lunch....

Stay safe and sane out there folks!!!

FWIW, the media article may have gotten a few things wrong, the accident was in the first R-hand curve on Clear Lake, and the bike didn't looke like a cruiser to me, but I didn't get much of a look at it, plus it was mangled. There was a good amount of debris scattered about, so if it was a cruiser, it had to have had a lot of plastics on it (R12CL fairing?).

The two Waterloo cops are douche-bags. I would have told him that his comment was sad and very disrespectful to the fallen rider, then told him to kiss my ass.
Zepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2010, 09:10 AM   #3
Penthos
The Human Google

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R ...was...
That's too bad, RIP.

Sounds like that's the curve I crashed on last spring.
Penthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2010, 09:26 AM   #4
MilleArp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepp View Post
The two Waterloo cops are douche-bags. I would have told him that his comment was sad and very disrespectful to the fallen rider, then told him to kiss my ass.
Two of the three squad cars on scene there were state police, not sure who the third police car belonged to as it was unmarked; or if it was marked I didn't see it. May have been an unmarked Waterloo/county PD, I know they have them.

Either way, agreed, a very douche-baggy statement. It angered me for a while... But then I kind of understood that these guys have to see this all the time, makes you kind of calloused...

Last edited by MilleArp; 10-18-2010 at 09:30 AM.
Unread 10-18-2010, 09:35 AM   #5
MilleArp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penthos View Post
Sounds like that's the curve I crashed on last spring.
It was right at the very first curve S of the sammich shop about a mile, the 90' right hander. Looks like he made it about half way thru before he launched.

There was some talk by the owner of the sammich shop (who also spoke with the nurse) that he may have been somehow cut off by a camper/rv.
There were a LOT of camper/trailer/rv's out there yesterday!

Unread 10-18-2010, 09:49 AM   #6
Penthos
The Human Google

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R ...was...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilleArp View Post
It was right at the very first curve S of the sammich shop about a mile, the 90' right hander. Looks like he made it about half way thru before he launched.

There was some talk by the owner of the sammich shop (who also spoke with the nurse) that he may have been somehow cut off by a camper/rv.
There were a LOT of camper/trailer/rv's out there yesterday!

Yeah, sounds very much like it...only I crashed heading into Waterloo heading off into the wide open field on the right. It was a big RV coming out of Waterloo that I was trying to give a wide berth.
Penthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2010, 10:00 AM   #7
Mudpuppy

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha R1 50th Anniversary Edition
Rip
Mudpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2010, 01:14 PM   #8
MilleArp

Quote:
Originally Posted by haelo View Post
I deleted it for that reason..

Wow. Seriously?

Unread 10-18-2010, 01:34 PM   #9
haelo

Motorcycle(s): slabside/8-6
Send a message via AIM to haelo
Deleting posts you don't agree with? I guess this forum isn't for me. Goodbye, everyone!
haelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2010, 01:49 PM   #10
AlmightyS

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Couch dirt-tracker edition
bye

PS please make sure that everyone you throw us under the bus to that your post was deleted becuase it mocked a fellow riders DEATH.

No one on this earth looks out for you like yourself... Failure to do that, and you fail yourself!

The only excuse you have is the one you make.

Last edited by AlmightyS; 10-18-2010 at 01:53 PM.
AlmightyS is offline   Reply With Quote