Home UserCP Memberlist Register Calendar FAQ
Home

Go Back   Redline Superbike > Redline Community > Anything Goes
Redline Superbike @ Facebook

View Poll Results: Who will be the last to emerge from the economic toilet? And Why?
Michigan 11 52.38%
California 6 28.57%
Florida 3 14.29%
Other (please post in thread and why) 1 4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 08-21-2009, 02:42 PM   #1
AlmightyS
El Cheapo Bastarido!!!

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Couch dirt-tracker edition
Who is worse off?

Which State do you think is worse off in this economy and will be the later to come out of the proverbial toilet.
Please share your comments. We luvem

No one on this earth looks out for you like yourself... Failure to do that, and you fail yourself!

The only excuse you have is the one you make.
AlmightyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2009, 03:01 PM   #2
MRP

Motorcycle(s): '03 Gixxer 750 (Track), '01 CBR600 F4i (Street)
Send a message via MSN to MRP Send a message via Yahoo to MRP
Really? Are you that bored??? Why don't you work on your Renaissance fair costume or something...
MRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2009, 03:18 PM   #3
AlmightyS
El Cheapo Bastarido!!!

Don't be hatin Padin!

No one on this earth looks out for you like yourself... Failure to do that, and you fail yourself!

Unread 08-21-2009, 03:39 PM   #4
Bluto

Motorcycle(s): Black/Yellow CBR 1000RR
Send a message via AIM to Bluto Send a message via Yahoo to Bluto Send a message via Skype™ to Bluto
This guy at the gym was trying to make a point about how michigan has higher taxes than some other states and they're doing well with a surplus and we aren't...as if that was the reason.

Really?

Also, I don't know if you know this but the rate of pirate attacks in the Caribbean directly correlate with the economy in Michigan. Matter of fact the the rate as gone up in attacks and so has unemployment and underemployment in MI. Hey stats don't lie. Check it for yourself.

@BlutoRS
Bluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2009, 04:15 PM   #5
SuprChey

Motorcycle(s): A few
Hard for me to decide. I have houses in both Michigan and Florida. Michigan house was a foreclosure bought at rock-bottom price and Florida house was on the market for 4 years until I gave up trying to sell it.

At least I am able to secure a job in Michigan in the Mortgage Industry. Been searching for a job in Flroida for 2 years without much luck.

Last edited by SuprChey; 08-21-2009 at 04:20 PM.
SuprChey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2009, 04:18 PM   #6
Kawie

Other

My vote is for Tunisia.

Quoted from wikipedia "suffer from chronic massive unemployment"

I think Michigan will be the first to get back on there feet. It seems like the government is willing to send any type of business our way.

Last edited by Kawie; 08-21-2009 at 04:21 PM. Reason: nfjeaubfiurew
Kawie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2009, 05:35 PM   #7
Headlight

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Yamaha R1 (Sold), 2006 Yamaha R1 - Blue (Wrecked), 2006 Yamaha R1 - Yellow, 2016 Yamaha R1
I have no idea bout any of this, I voted California, just for the population factor. Although if Hollywood cranks out a couple of crap movies they could be back on there feet in no time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuprChey View Post
Hard for me to decide. I have houses in both Michigan and Florida. Michigan house was a foreclosure bought at rock-bottom price and Florida house was on the market for 4 years until I gave up trying to sell it.

At least I am able to secure a job in Michigan in the Mortgage Industry. Been searching for a job in Flroida for 2 years without much luck.
For a modest salary I'll go watch the place in Florida for ya. Just sayin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgreen View Post
Of course when a reasonable counterpoint to your unreasonable complaint is given, you "don't want to argue about it anymore".
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." -- Albert Einstein
Headlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2009, 08:52 AM   #8
AlmightyS
El Cheapo Bastarido!!!

I mean we are in the shitta, but a few things help us here.
1. we still do have some manufacturing
2. Florida's economy is entirely based on tourism and over priced property (both doing great right now LOL
3. Cali has such an extremly high cost of living and way overpriced property.

But I still think Florida will be the last to recover

Unread 08-22-2009, 09:44 AM   #9
DocThee

Send a message via AIM to DocThee Send a message via Yahoo to DocThee
California is fawked! New York is fawked!

Michigan will rise from this faster than any other state. Both Cali and NY are facing some major deficits and both are up to their eyeballs in budget crunches. California has been writing IOU's. They have no money and are looking to raise taxes tremendously. Same with NY. Both have a very mobile tax base, and in one study it was projected that 1000 people leave NYC per day. They are facing taxes nearing 60%...which means they are 40% away from communism. Everyone knows when you lower taxes you create more revenue...the Michigan Film industry is a prim example. So Michigan will rise from this mess before Cali, NY, NJ, and Florida. Florida is just fawked anyway.
DocThee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2009, 12:21 PM   #10
gixxermike
Calamari Defender

Motorcycle(s): 07 gsxr 600 32 ft Carver summer home in the water
Michigan and California will come out last due to the high populations in California and Michigans dependance on the auto industry Theres tons of jobs around the country directly related to us selling cars or parts. Ive worked around the country and everyone is feeling it not in the same order though Ohio had some work for awhile but it fell off just the same as us and just got back from 2 mths in New York they only went into recession in 2008 but already thier rate is above 9.5 percent they'll catch up to us but we'll be the last by mid year 2010. I dont know why its like that though we went in they say in 2006 but these other states dont seem to b doing that great and will b out before we r. and the comment about the taxes isnt true either New York s is by far the highset i've seen around hell they even tax your food items and there gas is about 13 %
gixxermike is offline   Reply With Quote