Home UserCP Memberlist Register Calendar FAQ
Home

Go Back   Redline Superbike > Motorcycle Related Discussion > General Motorcycle Discussion
Redline Superbike @ Facebook

Unread 06-22-2016, 09:12 PM   #1
ShtNgiT
Because...Softball

Motorcycle(s): 00 Honda RC51
My little girl......

Repaired her motorcycle for the first time today all by herself (I supervised.) Last year she had hit a tree trunk and bent her front forks. Since she damaged the motorcycle while riding it I told her that "the damage made will come out of your pocket. So you learn your lesson."

So for extra money, besides chores, she makes a reasonable amount of money playing softball. She is a catcher for a league and travel fastpitch softball team. I have an arraignment with her that for every girl she throws out at first, second or third base, she earns ten dollars per out. For every play she makes at home she earns another ten dollars. And by "play at home" I mean she has to tag the girl or hold her ground when they try and run through her at home.

Well, after this weekends tournament and 6 or 7 games alone, she made enough and more to pay for her new front end.

My daughter wanted to make sure that she did the work and that I supervised. It took her a hour to do the swap and I am very proud of her.

image.jpg
ShtNgiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2016, 09:12 PM   #2
ShtNgiT
Because...Softball

image.jpg

While she worked on it.
Unread 06-22-2016, 10:01 PM   #3
Headlight

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Yamaha R1 (Sold), 2006 Yamaha R1 - Blue (Wrecked), 2006 Yamaha R1 - Yellow, 2016 Yamaha R1
That's awesome, congrats to her!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgreen View Post
Of course when a reasonable counterpoint to your unreasonable complaint is given, you "don't want to argue about it anymore".
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." -- Albert Einstein
Headlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2016, 07:11 AM   #4
Basha_Doll

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Suzuki GSX 650F - named "Prime" :)
She's a good kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShtNgiT View Post
Repaired her motorcycle for the first time today all by herself (I supervised.) Last year she had hit a tree trunk and bent her front forks. Since she damaged the motorcycle while riding it I told her that "the damage made will come out of your pocket. So you learn your lesson."

So for extra money, besides chores, she makes a reasonable amount of money playing softball. She is a catcher for a league and travel fastpitch softball team. I have an arraignment with her that for every girl she throws out at first, second or third base, she earns ten dollars per out. For every play she makes at home she earns another ten dollars. And by "play at home" I mean she has to tag the girl or hold her ground when they try and run through her at home.

Well, after this weekends tournament and 6 or 7 games alone, she made enough and more to pay for her new front end.

My daughter wanted to make sure that she did the work and that I supervised. It took her a hour to do the swap and I am very proud of her.

Attachment 4765
Basha_Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2016, 07:37 AM   #5
AlmightyS
El Cheapo Bastarido!!!

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Couch dirt-tracker edition
Very cool. I feel that the ability to turn a wrench is a life skill for anyone. The fact that she has quite the smile while doing it is even nicer!

No one on this earth looks out for you like yourself... Failure to do that, and you fail yourself!

The only excuse you have is the one you make.
AlmightyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2016, 01:00 AM   #6
ShtNgiT
Because...Softball

My daughter told all of her friends today what she did and they couldn't believe it. Then I showed them pictures and they were so impressed with her skills. Love this kid. Thank you everybody. I think I'll keep her for a while.
Unread 06-24-2016, 08:35 AM   #7
FreddyJ

Motorcycle(s): '03 Suzuki SV1K (street); '11 Ducati 848 (track); CRF's & TT-R (kids)
Impressive! It probably would have taken me way more than an hour...
FreddyJ is offline   Reply With Quote